Knee Bend Test
- Use a backdrop screen that is either solid blue or solid green. Do not use a sheet or other material unless it is pulled taut (no folds). Place the back drop screen against a solid wall, where you will be taking the client photos.
- Use dispersive lighting to prevent all shadows (umbrella lights).
- Use a digital high resolution camera (at least 6Mb pixel).
- Use high resolution JPEG format (not raw data) - 300 dpi
- Mount camera on a tripod. This will insure that the camera does not move when the photos are taken.
- Connect the camera to a remote control, so that the body of the camera is not touched when the photos are taken.
Correct Position of Feet
Stand barefooted on a hard floor, with your feet separated in a comfortable position and pointing straight forwards (Refer to Correct Placement of Feet above)
Taking the Two Photos
Photo Number 1 - Knees Straight
- Use a green or blue background.
- Standing in a comfortable position, with your feet facing straight forwards and slightly separated, have your assistant trace your feet on a piece of cardboard or thick paper (refer to Correct Placement of Feet at the top of this page)
- Attach that cardboard or paper to the ground using tape
- With your feet placed exactly within that tracing on the cardboard, straighten your knees and look straight forward.
- Make sure your weight is directly over your heels.
- Relax and take the photo exactly as shown in the example photo below. Note: In the below photo, the feet are placed in the correct position.
Photo Number 2 - Knees Bent
- Use the same green or blue background
- With your feet placed exactly within the tracing on the cardboard (or thick paper), place your hands on the wall and lean forward.
- Bend your knees approximately 45 degrees. Look straight forward.
- Make sure your weight is on the front part of your foot, not on your heels.
- Relax and take the photo exactly as shown in the example photo above.
Labeling the Photos
- Label Photo Number 1 exactly as follows: KBT Kn Str
- Label Photo Number 2 exactly as follows: KBT Kn Bent